Monday, 21 February 2011

Do You Want To Go To The Seaside?






Poncho-ClothesShow, Shirt/dress-H&M, Scarf-Zara, Wellies-Office, Coat-Fatherlings.


Today, in the name of textiles work I took a trip to Liverpool and the beach.
In Liverpool I actually went to look at a gallery, photos there posted sometime soon, and the beach, to take some snaps for my new project titled 'Surplus and Discarded Materials.' Within this I am looking at beaches, and various things one would find; shells, rope, seaweed, wire etc; taking note of all the shapes and then creating my own designs.

I cannot begin to tell you how cold it was on the coast, hence me walking around layered up complete with my dad's jacket from the car. I am too cool.
There's always something I love about the beach though; I'm not exactly sure what, but the sense of peace, space and freedom certainly add to my feelings and the atmosphere.


X

8 comments:

  1. hahah, loving Moti's coat ;). This looks amazing... we really need to go to the beach this summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a $50 giftcard to PTAK apparel if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your knit, it's so cute!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the poncho, and the beach looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute photos!
    emiliabrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pics so much!
    xx
    Sasha

    http://perfectionistsdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment :) You look really cute, love the scarf and poncho! It does look pretty freezing though. I love the beach too, particular wild, empty looking ones like this.. xx

    ReplyDelete